Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Swanson Park Trail Day

Do you ever ride at Swanson Park in Bellevue? If not you should definitely give it a try. It's a blast!
Whoever has been there, knows what I am talking about...

Have you ever wondered, who is taking care of the trails out there? Cutting back grass, weeds, bushes, cleaning up fallen down trees and branches? Doing rerouting or even add new trails?

Well, a lot of volunteers go out there on a regular basis to do all this work and we have an organization called THOR (Trails Have Our Respect) that is dedicated to make sure that the trails in our area stay ridable.
I am a member of THOR and I help as often as I can when we have Trail Days.
We go out in a big group and do whatever needs to be done that day.
It only takes a few hours and it in my opinion it is always a great time, because it is a chance to meet other riders, get to know the trails better and on top of all, you get a much higher appreciation for a weed- and branch-free trail that is ridable all summer through.

Sounds good? (ever ridden through needles??)
Then join us this Saturday, Saturday, the 21st of April at 8:30 am.
Bring some loppers or a shovel, maybe some water and if you want to, your bike for a test ride afterwards:)

We will provide some beverages and snacks!


2 Comments:

Blogger Adrian Olivera said...

Thats the first day of the Lincoln Plating Classic. I would be out there helping but I kinda signed up for the race.

07:28

 
Blogger VeloCC said...

That's OK! I know you guys have that race. I wish, I could come down and watch. I might come down Sunday!

11:47

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com Blog Directory