Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

Today, was a lazy day. Martin got up early and went to Swanson to work on the trail. After he got back he mowed the lawn and I went out side and checked my flowerbeds.
Everything looks OK. I put some "deer-off" on the plants, weeded, some and put some seeds in some pots. This year, I won't seed much. I am seeding some Lavender, white Echinacea, hardy Hibiscus and some sunflowers. If the hardy Hibiscus turns out, I will have something to share. They produce blooms as big as dinner plates!
But my new project is in the above picture, right behind Mr. Whiskers.
All those ground covers, up to the first fence post will be torn out
and replaced by my added on Hosta cllection:)
Martin was so sweet to shred and mow that part, so I only have to
to do the digging.
It will double that Hosta bed in size and I am excited about that.
I will also much it to see how that has an effect on the soil quality.






Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger K Olivera said...

The peonies are beautiful. They are my favorite flower.

06:07

 
Blogger VeloCC said...

I love them as well, but they need patience. It takes so long for them to start blooming. I bought this one a few weeks back:)

07:27

 
Blogger mtb05girl said...

Road rash hurts worse than dirt rash :)

10:28

 
Blogger VeloCC said...

I bet it does. I feel for you:(

11:11

 
Blogger K Olivera said...

I know. I transplanted mine two years ago this fall and they did not bloom last year or this. I have been told that I planted them too deep. So, I guess I need to get digging. . .

15:35

 
Blogger VeloCC said...

I don't know, but I have a few smart gardening books. I will read up on peonies for you. Maybe we find a solution and make them bloom again. Sometime they need some special fertilizer or amendment to develop blooms again. Let me see what I can find out for you.

21:34

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com Blog Directory