Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, June 22, 2007

The Brown Dynasty

I went down to Lincoln yesterday to see Sydney. She invited me to come out to meet her father out on the ranch. Her parents live about 15 min south of Lincoln. I had met Nancy, Syd's Mom before on rides and she is a very sweet lady.
I was a bit curious about Syd's Dad, since she had told me a few things about him and her upbringing. Her father used to be a professional rodeo rider and she grew up with competition, speed and the importance of winning.
He is a very smart guy and he definitely knows, what he is doing, but I can tell, that Syd went through a tough school and that explains a lot about her drive, her work ethic and her will power to giver it all to win...
I was very impressed and it gave me a lot to think about last night and today.
Before I started racing my MTB I never competed in any sport and the only thing my parents supported where my brains, or my education, but even there, I was always left to my own devices.
I decided what is good enough...
Hanging out with Syd and other good racers shows me that there is more potential out there and even more important, that I am capable of doing more and better. I just have to work for it!

The Browns are a tremendous inspiration for me and to see Syd's parents jump back on the bike to get back in shape is even cooler.

I still know, that I have to ride my own ride, but with constant training, I know, I will get better and I will be able to make a name for myself:)

A BIG THANKS to all of you out there that believe in me, support me and keep pushing me.

Riding my bike(s), is the best thing I have ever gotten into and I met so many wonderful peeps.

THANK YOU ALL!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

Such kind words. And, yes, you are capable of much more than you think. You just have to keep pushing yourself to the edge and the edge moves out.

09:46

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com Blog Directory