Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Job-Hunting- Job-Creating


Still no word from the place where I applied for a job. It's hard to wait and I know I should keep looking.
Been trying to figure out the kind of job, that I would REALLY like to do and it always comes down to TWO areas: animals or plants.
As for the animals, I had the idea ti become a pet-sitter. Don't have the animals at my house, but rather go to their houses and walk, feat or do whatever needs to be done.

The other idea is newer and our lawn service guy pointed me toward it. Garden Design.
You don't need a formal education and he would help me get started. I could design and plant and maybe even maintain, e.g. on a monthly basis. Work with him, when it comes to the lawn and irrigation stuff.

Both ideas are tempting and I am thinking about them. I wish, I could partner up with someone, but I know, I can do it myself.
It would help so to get some advise. For the pet sitting, I am in touch with a company that sells franchises. That be cool, but I don't really have the money to buy into that right now...

What would you do, if you had the chance to start your own business? What would be your dream job? Besides professional biker.... :D

5 Comments:

Blogger LoupGarou said...

I'd love to own a restaurant. Since I love to cook it would be the perfect business. However, I don't think I would be able to find time to ride if I owned my own business. :(

07:31

 
Blogger Jill Homer said...

I'd be an outdoor sports journalist - go cover the yearly assaults on Mt. Everest and those crazy adventure races in Africa. Ah yes, the life.

12:02

 
Blogger nicol said...

Mine's really attainable, if only I had the time to go to school for it. It's something I have wanted to do for as long as I can remember. It has nothing to do with my undergraduate education either.

Massage therapist. :)

Good luck to you, Christine, in whatever you pursue.

15:25

 
Blogger VeloCC said...

I am actually thinking about becoming a pet-sitter. Not having the pets at my house, but going to peoples houses and walk their dogs feed them, feed their cats, maybe even water their plants...
I have even done some research and there is some money to be made with it, I would just have to invest a bit upfront. But I am really tempted:)

22:22

 
Blogger Cornbread said...

Follow your dreams Christine.

16:46

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com Blog Directory