Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sommer Solstice

Can you believe that today is Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year?
Back home in Germany that meant, we had day light till 10:30 pm and that was for southern Germany. In the northern part and in Scandinavia, it hardly gets dark at all..
Well, back to southern Germany,where I used to live, around this time of year, you can "play" outside until it got dark...ah good times:)
Plus it normally cooled off quite a bit at night, so it is even nicer to be outside during that time.

Well, now, we are here and it doesn't cool off and we are all happy to be inside:

That's Mr. Whiskers watching us working on the bikes in the garage. Mr. Quality-Control:)
Actually that is as close as I got to my bike today...
I just didn't feel all that great and decided to take the day off.
Plus Sydney had asked me to come down to Lincoln to loan her one of my hydration packs for the race this weekend. So, I had a good excuse, to not ride today and I could show off my "collection". Yes, I own several packs and I am still looking for the perfect one...
One of them is too big, the other one too small and then the third one doesn't sit really well on my back. I have one, that I like for every day, but I haven't found a good one for racing....
Do you have any suggestions? I don't like the Camelbak....

2 Comments:

Blogger Cornbread said...

Mr. Whiskers looks tired.

So no Ponca for you this weekend?

16:43

 
Blogger VeloCC said...

No, Martin and I have an invitation and decided to take a weekend off from the racing...
Good luck to all of you!!!

16:59

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com Blog Directory