Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, July 13, 2007

How do you get the best smelling dog ever?

Martin, Mr. Whiskers and I had an important day yesterday. We went down to Kansas to Ft. Leavenworth, the closest Army Base, so Martin could sign the last of his retirement paperwork.

Now it is official: Martin will retire from the U.S. Army on November 1st 2007 after 20 years of service for his country. PRETTY COOL.
Even my I got acknowledged and got a plaque for my service and support.
(One of these goosebumps moments)

After we got done there, we went to one of my favorites little towns in Missouri: Weston.
It is only about 10 miles from Leavenworth. I know that place from the time, while Martin was stationed at Ft. Leavenworth, KS and I was still living in Germany. I went to visit him and while he was in class, I used his car to explore the area.

One of the little stores I found there was a little candle store that makes their own candles:

5B&Co Candlemakers
I have to say, Marsha makes the best candles in the world. She pours them herself everyday and she has like, I don't know 30 different scents. Everything, from peppermint over mainly man, ...everything.
I had ordered once by mail and so I was very excited to get to sniff some of her new stuff.

Cool was too, that she has a black lab puppy named Hook with her and we were allowed to bring Mr. Whiskers in. And those two guys had a blast playing:)
I bought candles and the boys played...the shop is tiny and it was amazing that nothing got bumped over.

She makes these votives and then she hand labels them. Buy ten and get two for free and they SMELL like HEAVEN......


After that, we headed back home. We got two boxes of candles. One as a house warming gift for a friend of mine and one for me:) Yummy!!

Later, snuggling up with Mr. Whiskers, I found out that he was smelling like the whole candle shop. He and Hook must have been rolling in the wax and it made him smelling really GOOD:)



I have so much more to blog about, but this Tour de France and my own riding takes up a lot of time....
I have to write more tomorrow because I got all kinds of goodies.
My Intense got a new Shram dérailleur, shifters and XT breaks (thanks to Martin) and I got my dream hydration pack. It was custom made for me. It is one of a kind and it will show my nationality.
I am super stoked!!
Oh and I have almost 3 hours to ride tomorrow...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com Blog Directory