Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Third at Manawa is better than it sounds!!!!

Manawa was the hardest race I have done this year. The hardest, because I fought the most for my position. I made third, not because I was slower than the two first ones, I made third, because I was faster than all the other beginner women or let's say, I rode better.

I crashed pretty hard in the beginning of race and lost a lot of time but I was also able to gain almost all of it back in the end.

I haven't checked my time and pace yet, but I am sure that this was my fastest race so far.
I pushed all the time and didn't slack at all. Well, Manawa isn't the place to do that. Even though it is flat and there are no hills, but on the other side, you get no break and have to pedal all the time.

I came in third. Which was great, because after my crash I was pretty much last and it was a big beginner field. I wish I could reached the top two, but I didn't.
But I fought to the end...

So, I am pretty happy about my third place and a lot of people notice that I have gotten a lot of faster:) Thanks Marc!

I wrote a more detailed race report on my Race Blog.

A lot of folks got hurt out there today. I hope nobody is in too much of pain!

I will post some pictures later...

6 Comments:

Blogger Nikemom said...

Where's the good sport attitude?

"Good news. Stephanie, the girl that won last time made only second. She got beat by a friend of Daryl. She is a Triathlete. Good for her."

Not a good representation of the writer.

21:45

 
Blogger VeloCC said...

I have a sport attitude but you can't even say hello before the race or congratulate us for our first and third positions. That's what I call attitude.

Good news for me, because, it means that our final point standing comes out differently and I have the right to say that.

I admire everybody that comes out and races fast, you included!.
You are in great shape and so is the other girl and I admire that.

Other than that, I don't get where you are coming from.
We MTBers are one big family and we make friends very easily. I do at least.
You can ask everybody. My three best girl friends, would beat me any day on any course but I still love them for their personality.
It is not just about racing out there....
Maybe we get the chance to get to know each other in an less competitive environment.

22:42

 
Blogger Nikemom said...

it's "good news" that every beginner woman out there had fun, took on a challenge and finished.

the comment you made is all in the matter of perception; your response does not change my perception. first paragraph (ouch!)doesn't help the case either as you are judging what you don't know or heard.

no bad feelings here as i am confident in the path i am creating with mtb'ing. i have met a lot of fascinating women this summer and hope to meet many more.

ride on! :)

05:19

 
Blogger Marc Walter said...

Christine,

Nice race today! Very exciting race summary. I'm glad for you.

16:04

 
Blogger Jill Homer said...

Congrats on the strong finish!

00:03

 
Blogger NaugaBike said...

Great job - Congrats for the 3rd place finish. When I say you, you were tearing up the trail!

04:30

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com Blog Directory