Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Vive le Tour!

I did some thinking today about the Tour de France.
You say, whatever, everyone is talking about it anyay....

NO, I didn't change my mind about Rasmussen and Co. And I am really sad about this whole thing, almost ashamed. Because I am a Cyclist and I don't want to be compared to them...

But, I also thought about the whole picture. The Tour exists for almost 100 years. That is a long tradition with a great history behind it. During these weeks, the whole country of France is celebrating the riders and they don't care what nationality they are. They cheer for the rider which makes it up the next beyond category climb after already 4 hours in the saddle that day.
They cheer for the riders which make it to Paris after how many thousands kilometers?

I was lucky to see the Tour once and it gave me goosebumps.

But I still say no to drugs and doping and I hope they will figure it out....

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger mtb05girl said...

No, I'm a cat 3 and I dope...haha...right.

Ridiculous stuff going on. Such a sad thing. Now we (all of us cyclists) are going to get looked at that way.

I just don't understand how someone can get satisfaction from winning after they knowingly cheated to get there!

09:58

 
Blogger VeloCC said...

I know. It is embarrassing for all of us cyclist an that is the sad part.
We train hard and try our best and now we get all looked at as we all "DO IT"

15:24

 
Blogger Adrian Olivera said...

Goosebumps is absolutely correct! I got to watch this years final stage in Paris. One word to describe it is: "WOW"! These guys are the best of the best. I was so blown away!

16:59

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com Blog Directory