Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, September 7, 2007

WEIRD.......


Those Mums are actually last years. I am waiting for them to bloom again:)

I can't even come up with a title for my post tonight. I can't find the right word.
Maybe you can find one for me!?!

Remember yesterday my big frustration with this translation company? (Well, I do, but that was yesterdays news)
Today, I have a phone call on my answering machine from another translation company, that I had signed up A YEAR AGO with and they asked me to do a translation from English to German???????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????
Can you imagine my expression, when I listened to that message?
It was not the same company. It is actually a local company here, so I called and talked to them.
They pay more and I have a written contract and until I was writing this, I was sitting over a German translation.

HOW WEIRD IS THAT?????

A year ago, I signed up with a few places and now, out of the blue, or wherever from, they call me.
First time, was a bad experience, this time seems to be much better. Better pay, plus a rush fee for me, because it has to be done in a certain time...yipeee:)))

I still had to sneak in my bike ride before I started tonight. The weather today was so gorgeous. We had some rain last night and the temperatures weren't too hot.
I couldn't go MTB, but I found this really nice ride on the road. I go south on 36th Street and then go west on Platteview Rd. It beats riding on the Keystone all the time and I have some real Nebraskan countryside, with corn, soy beans and a few cows:) And some good rolling hills!

Only bummer is, that I have MY room, that I want to make into my library, finally almost empty. All the time, since we moved here four years ago, did I stuff everything that needed to be out of sight in there. Well, now, a lot of things are sorted, thrown out and IN SIGHT again, but the job is more important.
I did find a lot of treasure though:)
I gotta scan some pictures and show you some of them....
Squirrels be VERY afraid!!!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... I don't know if you believe in the Law of Attraction and those kinds of things, but it looks like the Universe is working on your behalf to bring you jobs! Good for you!

07:48

 
Blogger VeloCC said...

I do believe that there are things out there that are bigger than our little minds. We just need to embrace them:)

09:23

 
Blogger Marc Walter said...

Congrats on getting the job. Good things come to those who are patient and persistent.

19:28

 
Blogger nicol said...

Congrats! That's wonderful for you!

I love finding "treasure" in my house too, btw. Usually it's when I am sorting through old rubbermaid tubs of stuff and come across things I forgot I had.

12:16

 
Blogger VeloCC said...

Well, that room has all my precious things in it, or had:) Including my wedding gown.....

11:09

 
Blogger VeloCC said...

lin, I wish I could read yoiur comments. What lamguage is it? Maybe I can through it ina translater?

11:56

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com Blog Directory