Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, October 15, 2007

Blog Action Day for the ENVIRONMENT

I have been reading this really interesting blog zen habits and he was talking about the
BLOG ACTION DAY.

So I had to go and check it out and I found out that today, the 15th of October is Blog Action Day.

This day and this site is dedicated to the environment and how to safe it or what we do or can do to safe it...

Well, so I am sitting here and since I have signed my blog up I "need" to write something related to it.

So, what am I doing to safe help the environment?

1) recycle
2) trying to use less electricity (turn off lights, turn down the AC,...)
3) trying to use less water (turn off the faucet while I brush my teeth, didn't water the yard and my plants every day this summer, bought a washer, that does small loads of laundry)
3) cut back on driving the car (combine errands, walk more)
4) try not to use plastic products
5) ride my bike
6) plant trees and flowers
7) clean up trash that others throw away
8) set the heater and AC on a timer and at lower/higher temps (safes a lot of energy)
9) I used to buy recycled paper in Germany. (Don't know, where to get it here!?)

Well, I am sure there are a few more things that I could come up with. I know there are a lot of things that I SHOULD do or WANT to do, but I am to lazy or to cheap...

So, what are you doing to help the environment???????

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

In the past year, it has really hit home for me, the fact that the world is quite literally drowning in plastic. So I have been making every attempt to steer clear of it. I always choose "paper" at the grocery store. I no longer drink bottled water if I can help it, and if there is a choice, I'll go with a glass or paper packaged product. Plastic is evil. I am also trying to just generally CONSUME LESS--energy, packaged foods, gasoline, etc.

15:30

 
Blogger VeloCC said...

I think, that every little bit helps!

18:14

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com Blog Directory