Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I am ALIVE!!!!



The pictures were taken in Germany. My brother actually saw the light coming through the church window. I like these kind of pictures. (Besides that I took them). The light symbolizes hope and a higher presence...


Today, I am meaning that literally.

I live in Omaha, Ne and this place is known for its lack of crime...until today, where a 19 year old disturbed (crazy) guy took 8 lives and his own at a mall and injured even more to "go out with style"....
I just found out that this guy lived in my neighborhood. The same place that I go out every day and night to walk Mr. Whiskers, by myself, without even thinking about danger....

What has this world come to???

I go to CNN News and see the mall and the shop that I go to quite often "in pieces".

Sad, disturbing, alarming,...

You start a day and worry about all these little unimportant little things, until something like this puts all that back in the right perspective....

And I have to say, I am grateful for being alive: Thank YOU

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I'm glad you're alive, too! It is always terrible to hear about such things happening anywhere, but much more difficult to conceive of when it happens close to home. Wow. This is horrible. I am glad that you weren't shopping today.

20:04

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, the world is insane! Glad you are safe.

20:35

 
Blogger VeloCC said...

Thanks guys! It is just so sad for all the families and victims involved.

20:37

 
Blogger Marc Walter said...

To dam close to home. My mom works at the Westroads. She's alright. She was just getting off of work. She sometimes goes to Van Maur to listen to the piano player after work which she didn't yesterday.

10:28

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com Blog Directory