Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, December 10, 2007

Winter, Work and Aventskalender



It is kind of hard to see, but there is a squirrel sitting on a itty-bitty branch, munching on some chow and I was wondering, if that branch was sturdy enough:)
We have pretty well fed squirrels.
As you can tell in the pictures, winter is definitely here.
It was a cozy (not) 1 F, when I went to work this morning. I am dreading tomorrow morning because of the severe weather warning...
Other than that, the training is going well and the job is shaping up to be very interesting.

Next week, I will start my normal work hours on my team and then it will really show, how things will work out....

Sunday was already the 2nd Advent. Do you guys celebrate that? Those are the 4 Sundays before Christmas?
In Germany, we also have the old tradition of giving each other Adventkalender, with 24 little presents or chocolates to count down the days in December until Christmas Eve. That is the day, when we open our presents.


This is mine, filled by Martin


This is Martin's. A friend of mine actually helped me sew it. It's quilted.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

i like that. how fun. bet kids love it.

22:23

 
Blogger VeloCC said...

Oh, they were originally made for kids but besides the ones the you fill yourself with whatever, I saw all I kinds of Advendkalender that were more made for the big kids in us...filled with expensive chocolates, etc., you name it.

04:43

 
Blogger Marc Walter said...

My mom's got one of those calenders in the kitchen. Just thought it was a calender. Never thought to ask. Being Spanish, we celebrate Three Kings day. A bonus day for opening gifts on the first sunday of January. By the way, she's Spanish not Hispanic for anyone that meets her. Lot's of pride there.

08:03

 
Blogger nicol said...

Yes, my friends in Thungershiem I told you about sent a paper advent calander that had chocolates in them, a few years back. Before that, I have to admit, I didn't know about them.

10:57

 
Blogger VeloCC said...

We celebrate the Three Kings day, but no presents for us.

15:55

 
Blogger Laura said...

What a pretty thing you've made! I have always wanted to learn how to quilt.
Anyway, I hope that your first regular week is going well!

20:55

 
Blogger VeloCC said...

Thanks, Laura.
I have to give more credit to Angela for the quilting though.
I am excited about my "real" first week. They ENCOURAGE us to ask MANY questions:)

04:55

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com Blog Directory