Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Resolutons or Bergziege in Cyperspace


Well, first of all do I want to wish all of you a VERY Happy New Year!
May this year bring you everything you wish for or dream about....



I actually finished the year the way, I also want to start it: RIDING:)
We went out to Lake Manawa on Sunday and I got my first snow ride in. First, it felt a bit scary, but after a while it was so much fun to slide through some of the corners.
The cold weather didn't bother me at all. I finally figured the perfect layering system and I got a sweet under-shirt from my parents for Christmas, that kept me super-warm.
Well, the last two days, I worked 10 hour days, so no riding for me but there is a solution in sight:

This two hour ride was so motivational that I decided to start working out the logistics to be able to ride to work...
I already found a place for the bike, inside the building. We have showers and a place to change.

SO, I might start my "Summer-Commuting" a bit earlier....

I haven't measured the distance yet, but I think, it is good 10 miles one way.

I will make my Cannondale my commuter bike. Now, I have to get a box or trunk together that I can leave at work, for emergency weather changes.
You guys might have some tips. I'd appreciate it:)

Oh, and wanna see something really cool, Martin gave me for Christmas:

Do you know what it is?

Oh, and talking about New Year's Resolutions. I promise to get better about writing on my blog again. My new job, kinda swallowed me up and I am still adjusting to that.
I love the work, but though, we work online all day, we are not allowed to access our private email and such. Unless, we are on break or after hours...
But my other thing to do is, read the book "Getting Things Done" and then I am sure, I will just whip the stuff out:))

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger NaugaBike said...

Happy New Year, Christine.

Good to see you Sunday. Happy Riding.

05:51

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Love the cowboy hat!

21:21

 
Blogger Mrs. G. said...

Well now I know where to come when I need healthy inspiration. Look at you all suited up with all that pretty snow behind you!

I have to admit I don't know what that circular thing is...is it some kind of bike tool?

Happy New Year. Keep on bikin'!

03:07

 
Blogger BigWheelRider said...

Nice top cap...very suh-weet gift, kudos Martin!

04:14

 
Blogger Cornbread said...

Sweet top cap! Happy New Year Christine and Martin! Looking forward to hanging out and racing with ya in 2008.

13:18

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com Blog Directory