Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, February 8, 2008

Just another Super Friday


MY Super Friday!!

Fridays are my days off. I work four 10 hour days and get Fri/Sat/Sun off. It's a good balance and the Friday is great to get all those things done that need to be done: doctor's appointments, hair cuts, shopping, bill paying, cleaning, dog duties and least but not least husband related matters:)

Today, I spent all morning running around getting things done and watched the sun warm up the air outside to a balmy 40F. (One gets thankful for every little warm up that doesn't freeze off your private parts...)

Anyway, I am still having this plan on my mind to start commuting to work and I don't want to wait until spring and race season starts. It is 10 miles one way, so a 20 mile round trip.

Last weekend I had set out to ride there, but I had to turn around because I wasn't dressed warm enough and my legs were cramping up so bad that I turned around at the half way point.

Today, I felt good and I had to try it again and I MADE it:))
I brought my badge with me, so could stop at work, have a hot chocolate and get stared at by a few people.
YES, I do look different in my biking out-fit...
But I made it, got my access granted to the mail room for the bike parking and now I can start riding....


Please, don't tell anybody that I went to work on my day off, thanks!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger How do i get to my old stuff said...

That's great! That 20 a day will work well with your training. Man, seeing you in those shorts makes me think so longingly of summer. :)

11:07

 
Blogger Mrs. G. said...

Your secret is safe with me. Way to go!

19:41

 
Blogger VeloCC said...

I had to recycle photos. Hoe sad s that. I haven't taken any pictures lately...

06:10

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com Blog Directory