Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Germabraskan

I didn't take as many pictures as I hoped to in Germany. One reason was the weather and then I just didn't think about taking pictures.
I was back and it felt all so normal, because it was all the places where I grew up; why take pictures?
Now I am back in Omaha and I am kicking myself for not having taken more pictures.
Does that make sense? Do you have pictures of the house you live in? Your parents live in? You grew up in? That is all so familiar because you know every corner, every room, ...

I went to visit my parents for two weeks and I wanted to take pictures of all the things I miss, but once I was back there, those things where so close and I didn't think of my camera.

Well, I guess, my memories are anyway so strong that I don't need pictures to remind me.

I did take some, and one of my favorites is the one above.
I found this sculpture in a town that I used to live in.
I think it is perfect reflection of myself: half German, half American.

Though Germany is my place of origin.

My home is here, my friends are here and my love is here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I am glad to hear that your visit was good! I know what you mean about how it is easy to forget to take pictures. As you said, the ones in your head and heart are what really matter the most anyway. How long have you lived in the U.S., Christine? Is your husband German, too?
Anyway, welcome home!

17:12

 
Blogger VeloCC said...

September, it had been four years.
Martin, my husband is American. We met in Germany while he was stationed there with the US Army.
A long dating/distance story with a happy ending or better a new beginning in Nebraska.
Yes, I admit, I didn't know where Nebraska was before we moved here.
But it is a well kept secret and made easily for a good new home.
I am only missing some MOUNTAINS...

19:01

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blogged.com Blog Directory